Dr. Syed is double board-certified in Pain Management and Anesthesiology. He specializes in treating: back pain, neck pain, headaches, knee pain, shoulder pain, neuropathy, sciatica, joint pain, extremity pain, abdominal pain, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), and fibromyalgia. Dr. Syed uses a multimodal approach to treat pain which includes: fluoroscopic and ultrasound guided injections, physical therapy, medication management, psychological counseling, and neuraxial manipulations. Dr Syed listens and he cares because he understands that those suffering from pain not only suffer the physical manifestations of pain but also the financial and emotional stresses that accompany pain. Dr. Syed’s goal is to help patients get back to doing all of the activities they love to do.
Dr. Syed earned his undergraduate degree at Duke University. He then pursued a medical degree at Tulane University School of Medicine where he also earned a Master’s Degree in Public Health. He then completed his residency in Anesthesiology at Ochsner Health Systems in New Orleans, LA. Afterwards he completed a fellowship in Interventional Pain Management.
Dr. Syed is fluent in Hindi, Urdu and English and is able to converse in Spanish and Arabic.
- Duke University, Bachelor of Science
- Tulane University School of Medicine, Medical Degree
- Tulane University School of Public Health, Master in Public Health Degree
- Ochsner Health System, Residency in Anesthesiology
- Solar Health System, Fellowship in Interventional Pain Management
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Pain Management
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Academy of Pain Managements
- American Pain Society
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists